Climate Change Village
Representatives from 194 Parties, including ministers and heads of state, United Nations delegates, accredited non-governmental organizations and international media will be present for the duration of the Conference.
Therefore, the Federal Government has decided to create the Climate Change Village, a space to promote dialogue related to environmental issues amongst non-governmental organizations, the private sector and civil society.
The Climate Change Village will offer to the public free of charge:
- Thematic exhibitions on the subject of climate change, including “La Neta del Planeta” from the Papalote Children´s Museum, which includes an explanation to what climate change means, its origins and what everyone can do in order to take action.
- Willy Sousa´s exhibition “Mexico en tus Sentidos”, which has had enormous success showcasing images and videos on Mexican identity.
- Clean energy exhibitions from businesses as well as sponsors concerned with the environment.
- Artistic and cultural events as well as concerts that will be held every night at the music festival “Singing for the Planet”.
Moreover, non-governmental organizations will have a space for debates as they discuss their projects related to climate change issues. Also, the COP16/CMP6 event will be broadcasted at different rooms at the Free Expression Forums.
Welcome to the Climate Change Village.
The Federal Government
- Activities at the Climate Change Village
- Events Calendar
Page 'Breadcrumb' Navigation:
Site 'Main' Navigation: